Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Yarn Wreath with Crochet and Felt Flowers


I LOVE this project!
It was really quick (it only took me about one week of about an hour or so a night) and cheap with dramatic results.  I always strive for my crafts to look store bought and expensive.  Not to pat myself on the back but…. I think I definitely hit the mark on this one!
Materials needed:
·         One skein Yarn, (two if you want a complimentary color for roses, scrap yarn will probably be enough for at least a rose or two though)$3
·         Foam Wreath (Mine was about 12 inches in diameter and flattened on top with rounded sides)$5
·         Felt squares (In the kids section in Michaels, a steal at only 29 cents a sheet!)$2
·         Fabri-Tack (my favorite fabric adhesive, but feel free to use what you are comfortable with)$4
The yarn part of the wreath is easy enough…just wrap  the yarn around over and over until the whole wreath is covered and tie off in back.  I made sure mine was neat and made sure none of the yarn was overlapping.  I have seen variations of this wreath with loads and loads of yarn piled on in every which way, that can be cute too; but I am way too OCD for that.
Now for the fun part…the flowers.  Ok, I admit none of these flowers are my original designs.  This section will have lots of links, but these were the links I found most helpful for me!



To attach the flowers I used floral picks with pearls on the end. They are totally unnecessary but I love pearls and couldn’t resist.  The Fabri-Tack worked great to attach all of the flowers to the wreath with only a few seconds of holding it in place.
That’s it!  I gave this one to my mother because it reminded me of her, but the very next day I was back at Michaels for more materials.  My next project is an Spring themed one for my front door! No worries-I will post a pic of that one too!

Total cost: $14

No comments:

Post a Comment