Friday, February 10, 2012

Ripple Afghan


I am finally getting to decorating the living room.  The walls are yellow and the couches are brown, so naturally I leaned towards green (coincidentally my favorite color) for an accent hue.  I whipped up a fun afghan for the kick off of all my living room projects.
I found this pattern (http://lemondedesucrette.wordpress.com/2011/08/05/summer-time-ripple-the-graphic-pattern/) on Pinterest .  I love it because you can make it any size you need!  I made my afghan EXTRA WIDE, (about the size of the top of a king size bed).  It is great for sharing on movie date night with the hubby!
The hardest part about this pattern is deciding how many chains to make when you first start.  It has to be a multiple of 11 plus four chains.  You want to make it a little longer than your desired length because it will shrink a bit when you start the ripples.  Once you get to the second row, you won’t need the chart anymore and you can pretty much crochet on auto-pilot.
Total Cost: $40 (I got all the yarn BOGO!)

No comments:

Post a Comment